Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Feeling loved

I was baptized this past Sunday. April 13th, 2014 is now forever going to be a date that I remember. I don't know about other people but certain dates tug at my heart. The day I graduated high school, the day I met my absolute best friend, the day I fell in love for the first time. Dates are so important to people and April 13th will now forever hold a special place within my heart.

I woke up on that day knowing it was going to be great. I was going to show the world my love for God, how can that not be special? What I didn't know, in return, was how much God was going to show me the love he felt for me.

I tried face timing my parents and the connection wasn't very great but my friends were recording it all on their phones, which my parents were so appreciative of. I remember looking up and seeing so many loved ones in front of me, I counted 20 beautiful souls. They had come to see me, on this day, to show my love for Christ. God showed me just how much I am loved in return. I saw an array of faces of people I had known since 4th grade, met in high school, became friends through XDA and then some faces I had become friends with in the last month.

My heart felt so full. My soul became a new one within the 15 minutes of the baptism. I am so blessed and God gave me such affirmation of how many loved ones I truly do have in my life.

This day was perfect and for everyone who was apart of it, my words will never be enough to explain my gratitude for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment