Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Rainy days can still be sunny

Today started out like a lot of other days. I was going through the motions. Wake up, class, work, homework, swimming.

This all was in my planner and it was going to look like all of the other Tuesdays I have had this semester. It's actually significantly colder outside today than it has been in the past couple of weeks and on top of that, it was raining. We know where this is going...

Rain is an inevitable mood shifter, just like sunshine. Rain makes people gloomy but WHY? What is it about those little droplets of water that make us so "bleh"?

Water is good for this Earth; this Earth that houses us and gives us the things we need. Why blame it on the rain? It's only helping what is actually helping us.

My favorite thing in the world is to see people smiling and when I see someone smiling outside, in the rain, well, that can be my ABSOLUTE favorite thing.

I can admit to myself and on this template of words that I was shifted by the weather today. I was pretty positive all day until I got to work. I started getting stressed about life, school and what not. My head was tired and my heart was just not feeling it. God knew I needed a pick me up.

He always provides. 

I had looked down at my phone for a second to see an incoming e-mail come from a name I was semi familiar with. I opened it and read "Congratulations..." from University of North Texas and my heart skipped a beat. I was accepted into the Master's Counseling Program and I could not have been anymore excited. The first thing I wanted to do was tell someone, anyone. I turned around to see Amy, one of my best friends, had walked into Gobble Cakes to visit in that exact moment. I had zero idea she was going to come in and the fact that it was within that couple of minutes I needed to hug someone, was so of God.

He has impeccable timing.

My journey with applying to Graduate schools has been interesting. One of the schools I had applied to had mixed up a Scholarship I had applied for and my acceptance. I called about the mix up and the receptionist said I had been admitted (even though an e-mail said otherwise) and then about 15 seconds later she realized she was reading the wrong sheet and that I, indeed, had not been admitted. It was semi awkward getting accepted then denied all in a matter of 2 minutes over the phone but I knew God was teaching me something. I could have lashed out on her and felt resentful towards them but God was within me and He calmed me.

Now, I know this was all for a reason. I didn't get into the first school because God knew I was going to UNT; He knew this was the start of my new journey.

I love this. I love how things comes together and show you why other things didn't work out in the past. Reflection is a new and constant thing for me. I am always reflecting on myself and who I was a year ago, 3 years ago, and who I am right now. It will be so cool to see myself in a year from now.

These rainy days need to be given a little more credit. Even through those gray and gloomy clouds, the sun is right behind it, let us give it a chance to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment