Tuesday, April 8, 2014

He tends to do that

God is so good. He is reshaping my heart in all forms.

I, for the past year, have had Baptism on my heart. I wanted this next step in my faith to take place in my life. Although, the struggle was when it would take place. I have formed such a spiritual connection with the girls in my Bible Study. I have learned so much about God and His continuous love through those girls words. I knew I wanted them there with me. In one of our small groups we were talking about baptism. Someone brought it up and it made my heart flutter. God knew this was on my heart and I had to share with them my reservations about it. It ended up being more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. God tends to do that.

My faith all started from my parents so inevitably I wanted them there as well. I knew I could not have them all there and present with me during this beautiful celebration. I prayed to God to give me clarity. He sure did. When I was in church on March, 30th, God took my hand, checked the baptism box and made it all so clear to me just a week after the small group where the seed had been planted again. He then guided me to call my parents and share with them the desires of my heart. I could not have asked for better responses from each of them.

My parents mean the absolute world to me. They have loved me through my darkest hours and my brightest moments. The fact that they were so understanding about how I wanted my Baptism to be in Blacksburg, with the beautiful souls of my Bible Study, assured my heart that God answers when we request.

Life is so beautiful. My heart has opened up so much in this past year. I can literally feel God's love flowing through my veins; pumping my blood and making my whole body full of warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment