Friday, April 25, 2014

Never stop falling in love with life

I don't know about you but I love a good bucket list. This list of words compiled together mean so much more than just a list. These words are goals, aspirations, these words are dreams. 

Dreaming is such a beautiful thing. Isn't it?

My bucket list grows everyday. I still have so much more to learn about the world and when talking with others, I find something that needs to be added after almost every conversation. This world is inspiring me day by day and that is such a wonderful thing.

I encourage you to make your own list. This list can have just one thing on it but I promise you, it will grow. A bucket list is also encouraging you to write down the things you want to do and to hold yourself accountable for accomplishing some of them. I used to be terrified to write something down because I had serious doubts it would ever happen; it was just too out of the ordinary. I had to quit thinking like that because the only person who could hold me back from actually doing it was myself. If I can move my negative-nancy self aside, well, then hello I can take on the world. Right? Right.

So, here is my Bucket list. I'll probably hit publish after I am done typing and think of about 27 more things. There is just so much about this life to love, so never stop bucket-listing.

1. Sponsor a child 
2. Travel to a new country, state, city, anything...actually travel the whole world.
3. Teach someone a new skill
4. Learn a new skill (aka knitting)
5. Learn a new language
6. Pay off debt (loans)
7. Read the bible, every word, multiple times.
8. Write letters to my loved ones when we are physically separate.
9. Be fancy & set a table like a pro
10. Vote
11. Develop a 10 year goal and start now, with gusto.
12. Re-read a favorite book/s
13. Fall in love
14. Join a church
15. Work/Volunteer in said church
16. Learn how to play guitar
17. Really learn how to cook & cook for the ones I love
18. Get my Masters degree
19. Marry my best friend & stay married forever
20. Become a mother (by all:birth, adopt, foster)
21. Buy a car all on my own
22. Own a house
23. Learn how to drive stick shift
24. Run the Disney 1/2 marathon
25. Pay for a random tables dinner
26. Meet/hug/work for Ellen Degeneres
27. Own a used bookstore/coffee shop
28. Write a book
29. Skydive
30. Backpack in a foreign country
31. Missions Trip as honeymoon
32. Dedicate a room in my house to be a library, with shelves as walls and pillows as the floor
33. Live in Arizona, Texas, anywhere.
34. Own a Shiba Inu
35. Take spontaneous roadtrips
36. Eat at every restaurant in downtown Blacksburg
37. Road trip across the U.S.
38. Seattle's Gum Wall
39. Love Bridge in Paris
40. Floating Lanterns at wedding
41. Swim with dolphins and elephants
42. Live an honest life
43. Worship around a fire with friends
44.  Teach abroad
45. Renovate a house
46. Watch all Harry Potter movies, in sequential order, without breaks
47. Sunrise Hike
48. Become a grandparent (the cool one that gives candy and money)
49. Summer music festival to bring out my inner hippie
50. Plan someone else's wedding
51. Go out to dinner by myself
52. Go see a movie by myself (Accomplished)
53. Surprise my children with a trip to Disney World on Christmas & leave that day.
54. Live a happy life
55. Try every type of food there is
56. NYC for New Years
57. Visit Museums and become knowledgeable
58. Help others accomplish their bucket list
59. Don't be afraid to sing along.
60. Show the world God's love

No comments:

Post a Comment