Thursday, July 3, 2014

This isn't my world, it's His.

God is preparing me for something so big. I can feel it flow through my veins and my heart beats a little happier when I think of what is to come.
God is definitely drawing me closer to Him and I think it's been through books.

I have had a lot of down time since I have been home. I just started my new job but when I'm not working, I find myself sitting outside in the Texas sun, absorbed in the pages. This time last year you would have found a Nicholas Sparks book because it's a classic love story. The darling boy who is innocent yet so fierce that I was drooling over him through the pages.

I've found a much better love story.

The love story about Jesus and us.

If you're looking for a good read, I recommend:

1.  Jesus>Religion by Jefferson Bethke.
2. Love Does by Bob Goff
3. Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
4. Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist
5. Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist

These books are more than just paper pages between a hard spine. They speak truth, they challenge and question, and they love you to your core.

How can a book physically love you? That's weird.

But I promise that these books love you, unconditionally, and ever so fiercely.

These books make me stop, look around, and think to myself about how beautiful that blade of grass is, how perfect my coffee tastes, and how much Jesus loves me. Without these books, without Him, I'd be in my own world.

That's the thing though. This isn't my world, it's His.

Think of something you love, like I can't think of living a day without you love. Maybe your Mom, your Dad, your dog, your iPhone. What have you.

Now, think of that infinite love you have for that one thing. That is only a spec of the infinite of how much He loves us. I once heard in a video about comparing His love to your love for your child. Now, I don't have any children but I do have my niece. And I love her, if you follow me on any form of social media, you'd find that fact. I'm a tad obsessed with her. I can only imagine what it's going to feel like to hold my child (children) for the first time. I'm going to love them more than anything I have ever loved; I know I'll love them more than I love the ability to breathe.

Jesus loves me more than I am going to love my own children. That is absolutely mind blowing.

My first reaction would be: But how could He love me more than I love my own children? I'd do anything for them, I would die for them.

Oh wait, He already did that for us.

I don't know why this gets me so much but it does. It shakes me but it is helping me gain just a glimpse of what there is to see.

Lets be honest, there is so much to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment