Friday, December 19, 2014

Opportunities

I am so in awe of the amazing things I have going on in the near future. When first moving to Texas, I felt a little stagnant; my life seemed more like a routine and I did not have much to be excited for. Then all of sudden life was really surprising me with all of these awesome opportunities.

One Tuesday in October, I randomly decided to sign up for a 10 day trip to Amsterdam, Paris, and London all by myself. Well, I technically will be traveling with others but I have never met any of these individuals, which is what makes it so exciting. This is so unlike me and I am so happy about that.

A few weeks after signing up for the trip I had a missed call and voice-mail from a Los Angeles area code. I thought nothing of it, which is why I waited 3 hours from the call to even listen to the voice-mail. I did not think the voice-mail would hold such importance to me. Winning tickets to the Ellen DeGeneres show felt absolutely unreal. Even now, as I am typing it out, I still am in disbelief that I, of all people, get the chance to go to her taping of the show. This is something I have dreampt about for years and I never thought that it would actually happen. I mean come on, this is THE Ellen DeGeneres we are talking about here.

I am so happy to say that it is going to happen.

After finishing my first semester of grad school, I am truly feeling the presence of the most giving God. He is constructing things in a way that I never would have imagined and I hope that through everything I can be truly thankful for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment